PSC TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM AT THE PILATES STUDIO LLC
Become a fully certified Pilates Instructor with our 450+ hour training program. Pilates Sports Center teacher training program offers not only one of the most profoundly effective exercise systems ever developed, but gives special emphasis to the extensive rehabilitative aspects of the work of Joseph H. Pilates. The Pilates Sports Center Teacher Training Program (“PSC”) offers a comprehensive Pilates instructor educational program that provides the student with both the classic work as well as modern modifications to make you a highly qualified and sought after instructor.
This 450 + hour program comprehensive course includes:
- A fully photographic Manual will be provided to you for the course or module(s) you will attend.
- Fundamental Pilates principles and philosophies
- Client assessment and alignment protocol
- Anatomy and biomechanics taught using visual aids in an interactive environment
- Pilates Mat Repertoire
- Reformer Repertoire
- Cadillac/Trapeze Table Repertoire
- Wunda/Combo Chair Repertoire
- Pilates Props skills utilizing the jump board, magic circle, rotating discs, balance/wobble board, foam rollers, thera bands and balls
- Combining Classical and Progressive
- Pilates styles with modifications and variations
- Creative training and program development skills for any level of proficiency
- Medical anatomical terminology
- Verbal and tactile cueing skills
- Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
- Studio etiquette and equipment safety
- Ethics and scope of practice
- Understanding indications and contraindications for specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
- 15+ Hours of review of all material
- No delayed modules, no extra testing fees, no levels, no delay in your education
- No required PSC Continuing Education Workshops for graduates – all optional
*Upon completion of the Comprehensive course and a separate weekend Barrels workshop the student will have all the criteria to text for the PMA exam if they choose.
- Comprehensive Program: $5,200.00 minus $500 deposit
- Payment can be made up front on the first day of class or in three installments with an additional $100.00 finance fee.
OR We Also Offer our Program as Modular Courses:
- Fundamentals & Philosophy – $300
- Pilates Mat – $1050 (Deposit of $100)
- Reformer – $2100 (Deposit of $100)
- Cadillac – $1050 (Deposit of $100)
- Chair – $1040 (Deposit of $100)
- Completion of a Barrels module is required for graduate’s eligibility to apply for the PMA Exam.
- Fundamentals is a prerequisite for the Mat module.
- Fundamentals and Mat are a prerequisite for any of the equipment modules.
OR Private Courses:
- $8,800 (Deposit of $500) – Choose your own schedule and get private tutoring with undivided attention through the course and work at your own pace to accomplish a Comprehensive or … Modular options, please inquire!
PILATES TRANSITION / BRIDGE PROGRAM
Should you wish to review, are missing some apparatus, or were unsatisfied with your education elsewhere, PSC offers a “Bridge Program.” The program can accomplish two things:
- An instructor with incomplete education may add a PSC module to improve your skills, earning power and add to your credentials.
- An instructor with an education that was unsatisfactory in any way, may wish to “re-educate” thru PSC in a comprehensive or modular program. *We offer a 50% discount to any instructor who wishes to re-educate with us. Discount offered only on any previously accomplished portion a program (Mat Pilates already taken? The Pilates Studio will offer Mat Pilates at 50% off) Proof of previous education required via copy of a Diploma, Certificate of Completion or Letter from the School) 3. Only graduates of a Comprehensive Program (Pilates Mat / Reformer / Cadillac/ Chair and an additional Barrels weekend workshop) will meet the criteria for, and be prepared to take, the PMA Certification Exam™
Requirements to Transition/Bridge with PSC
- $500.00 Non-Refundable Deposit
- PSC’s Fundamentals / Philosophy (“Nuts & Bolts”) Program
- Supply a certificate of completion as proof of previous education
- A Mat certificate of completion, required prior to any PSC Apparatus module
- Once prior education is verified, you will be admitted to PSC’s Bridge Program.
- Once admitted to a program, all requirements will apply as outlined in this brochure to obtain a Certificate of Completion.